NPCPBC Upcoming BOD Nominations accepted through November 15
NPCPBC is now accepting nominations for secretary, treasurer and conference chair.
Nominations for these positions will and run through November 15th, 2018.
The Secretary shall record the minutes of all meetings, be they Board or General, when appropriate. They will be filed as permanent records belonging to the Council. Copies of Minutes shall be posted on the Council’s web site within two (2) weeks after meetings. The Secretary shall handle all mailings and correspondence of the Council as directed by the members of the Board. In the event that it is not possible for the Secretary to attend a meeting, it shall be the duty of the Secretary to appoint an acting Secretary at such meeting for the taking of the minutes.
The Treasurer shall have custody of the Council’s bank account and funds as will the President. The Treasurer shall keep accounts belonging to the Council containing complete and accurate records of all receipts and disbursements. The treasurer shall ensure that all required documentation is filed appropriately and meets all accounting procedures according to the law. The treasurer ensures all necessary paperwork is submitted to the councils designated accountant in a timely fashion to meet deadlines of the tax code.
The Conference Chair shall schedule all monthly meetings related to the planning of the annual conference, provide an agenda for each meeting, and lead the meetings.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
- Frequent communication with Conference Planning Committee Members and administrative assistant
- Completing Continuing Education Unit (CEU) paperwork for Conference Sessions (may also share responsibility, as delegated)
- Solicit Advertisements for the Annual Conference Program (may also share responsibility, as delegated)
- Solicit Sponsors for Annual Conference Meals (may also share responsibility, as delegated)
- Gain participation from local schools (students to attend conference) (may also share responsibility, as delegated)
- Consistently communicate with President and/or Vice President (in President’s absence) regarding the conference planning.
You may nominate yourself or someone else. Please include a message of willingness to serve, as well as a brief bio and why you would be a good candidate for the office. Please turn in nominations to the nominating committee at email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!!